Today is the birthday of one of my favourite people in the galaxy. My Doodles with the noodles like a poodle’s (doodles, noodles,poodles, doodles – sung to the tune of Mr.Marley’s Lion in Zion). Right now she’s an ocean away, basking in some Bangkok sunshine and hopefully embracing 24 with a boatload of new experiences (eating a scorpion or two, maybe?) And while I miss her to bits, I’m thrilled she get to spend her birthday in such a fabulous way.
Okay, so on the presents front, I think I’ve pretty much nailed this year’s gift :D. But now that we have a blog and all (even if it’s covered in virtual cobwebs at this point), the pact was that no birthday shall pass without a written tribute to the birthday girl. So this year, I’m putting down a list of 24 reasons why we should celebrate 20th April as National Andy Day.
- Because she is an old lady trapped in a young woman’s body, which means that you can expect crochet, cupcakes and the best advice anytime you need it.
- Because while she is made exclusively of bones herself, she does give the best bone-crushing hugs, this side of the equator.
- Because she puts so much heart and soul into a job she doesn’t like. Image what’d she’d do with one she loves.
- Because she does the boogie-woogie with as much panache as she does the jive.
- Also, she’s always brave enough follow my crazy dance moves, thus not letting me be the ‘crazy drunk uncle with bad moves’ on the dance floor 😀
- Because she should have ideally been a model, but prefers to walk on people’s (Samantha’s) backs instead of a ramp. Purely medical reasons, nothing kinky about it, okay.
- Because I can always bully her with the phrase ‘Blood is thicker than water’.
- Because she survived a childhood of people trying to dress us in matching outfits. (Only to end up buying matching outfits ‘accidentally on purpose’ these days)
- Because she has her own theme song. Refer above to ‘Doodles Noodles Poodles’
- Because she makes the best bowl of Maggie Noodles. And her cheesy secret ingredient is actually love, not cheese 😛
- Because she is not the sun or the moon, but pure starlight. There when the night is the darkest, always guiding you to a better place and absolutely ethereal.
- Because she is 1 month and 2 days older than Reuben.
- Because she doesn’t eat too much chocolate. (More for me!!)
- Because she can speak exactly two words in Konkani, and carries on long conversations with Philomen with just that.
- Because she has more enthusiasm for life in her (swollen) little finger, than most of us have in our entire body.
- Because she can make choco-lava cupcakes, by mistake 😉
- Because she will always come with me to the zoo, no matter how many times we’ve been there before.
- Because she’s got weird taste in men.
- Because she’s got wonderful taste in music
- Because she always has anything you need in her magic backpack.
- Because she has creepy videos and photos of you, so you really need to be careful around her.
- Because she watched all 4 ‘Prince and Me’ movies with me, even though they got progressively terrible.
- Because she can find the best bargains on any street (happy Bangkok shopping!)
- Because I can’t imagine life without her.
Happy Birthday Andydoo!! I love you :*
The reluctant writer